SG2 Combo™ (Internal Mix)
- Cheap to build
- If compressor is shut off for any reason PERMANENT DAMAGE can occur to compressor from water backing down the air line and into the compressor.
- Need constant attention to keep air water balance
- Galvanized plumbing will rust inside & cause excessive nozzle wear.
Requirements for operation of the SG2 Combo™ Snowmaker
- Pressure washer 1.3 – 1.7 gpm with a pressure range of 1200PSI to 3000PSI
- Compressor with a minimum rating of 5CFM @ 90PSI
- SAH™ Upper Misting Nozzles – QTY 2 available in Internal Design Nozzle Kit
- ¼” x 1/8” Bushing – QTY 3
- ¼” x 90 DEG elbow – QTY 2
- ¼” x 4” nipple – QTY 1
- ¼” x Tee – QTY 3
- ¼” close nipple – QTY 4
- 1/4” x 22mm p.w. adapter – QTY 1 available in Internal Design Nozzle Kit
- 1/4” mini ball valve – QTY 1
- 1/4” quick air connect – QTY 1
- SAH™ Air Nozzle – QTY 1 available in Internal Design Nozzle Kit
Other miscellaneous items you will need
- Roll of Teflon tape
- Pressure washer extension hose with 22mm swivel connectors on both ends.
How the SG2 Combo™ snowmaker works
This design utilizes internal mixing. The top 2 nozzles on the SAH-SG2 Combo™ Snowmaker are high pressure water. The bottom nozzle is a “combination” of high pressure water and air, this nozzle is your nucleation nozzle. For more information on how man made snow is made check out our snowmaking science page.
Assembling your SG2 Combo™ Snowmaker
- To make building this design easier SNOWatHOME has put together an Internal Design Nozzle Kit. This kit was put together using our custom designed snowmaking nozzles.
- The package includes parts #1, #7 and #10 from the parts list. For more information on the importance of nozzle choice click here.
- You can purchase the remainder of plumbing parts listed above at most hardware or home improvement stores.
- Assemble the parts exactly as they are shown in the photo. All connections must have Teflon tape pipe sealer before final assembly.
Operating the SG2 Combo™ Snowmaker
- First step is to check if the weather conditions are right for snowmaking. (Use SNOWatHOME’s Weather Tools)
- Attach your SAH-SG2 Combo™ Snowmaker to something secure like a ladder or fence post. You can do this with large wire ties or metal hose clamps.
- Connect the pressure washer hose to the 22mm pressure washer adapter on the snowmaker (At part #7) and to your pressure washer.
- Connect the air hose from your compressor to the snowmaker using the quick connect fitting.(At part #9)
- Connect a garden hose from your pressure washer to your water spigot.
- Make sure the ball valve (part #8) on your snowmaker is closed and turn on the water.
- Turn on your compressor
- Turn on your pressure washer
- You should now have high pressure water coming out of the top two SAH™ Upper Misting Nozzles and air coming out of SAH™ Air Nozzle.
- Open the ball valve slowly until you see a small amount of water enter the air stream. It is typical for you to get a pulsing flow, adjust the ball valve to get as steady of a stream as possible. Remember the valve should be opened a very small amount. You want mostly air coming out of the bottom nozzle.
- If the weather conditions are right for snowmaking you should now be making snow!
- HAVE FUN AND ENJOY!
Due to the nature of the free plans provided we do not offer technical advice on construction or operation on any of the free snowmaker plans.
All free plans are for personal, non-commercial use, copyrighted plans are not to be used to sell a product or service. You may not copy, distribute, reproduce, modify, transmit, publish, upload, reuse, re-post, or otherwise display the Content for public or commercial purposes.